Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

What a disgrace...

The Freedom to Say Merry Christmas
Laurence M. Vance


I did not mean to imply in my previous post that no attempt is ever made to force people to be politically correct and not say “Merry Christmas.” Even though Christmas is a federal holiday, it seems that some parts of the federal government prefer the more politically correct “Happy Holidays.” From a veteran and faithful LRC reader, comes this:

This afternoon a retired Army Special Forces friend received an email from someone who wrote:

Today my daughter, who works on Fort Bragg at the 82d Airborne Division’s medical clinic, was ordered not to use the phrase “Merry Christmas” and can only say “Happy Holidays.” They were told that soldiers are also forbidden from saying that.”

I thought my reader’s comment was right on: “I guess when soldiers were invading and occupying other countries to ‘fight for our freedoms’ those freedoms didn’t include being able to say ‘Merry Christmas.’”


Link:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/the-freedom-to-say-merry-christmas/

No comments:

Post a Comment